Come and join us to learn more about one of England’s most famous authors, Charles Dickens.
We will have talks in the morning from Nigel Paterson, and then a visit to the Charles Dickens Museum in the afternoon (in Portsmouth), with a short stop at Gunwharf Quays shopping centre and harbour side, before returning to Southampton. The day is open to all students and scholars (no children), but will be of particular interest to those who have an interest in English Literature and Language, and have read some of Charles Dickens’ books.
- Places: 12 adult places are available
- Programme: 10 am start at Central Baptist Church, Devonshire Road, SO15 2GY
- Two talks in the morning about the life and works of Charles Dickens
- 12.30pm Hot lunch is provided
- Following lunch, travel to Portsmouth by car (approximately 40 minutes drive)
- 2.30pm visit to Charles Dickens’ Birth Place museum
- 4pm (approx.) visit to Gunwharf Quays shopping centre and harbour side
- Arrive back by 6.30pm travelling by car to Southampton University
Cost: admission to museum £4.20 for adults and £3.20 for students, lunch and transport is free of charge.
Please reserve a place on eventbrite. Booking opens on 24 March 2017.