Trip to Devon,with Friends International Southampton, 23-27 June 2014
Staying at Westcott Farm, near Honiton, Devon
Five days (four nights) including accommodation, meals and transport costs £140.
Contact Rod at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07954688158
Comfortable, well equipped cottages, beautiful surroundings, traditional 14th Century farmstead and rare breed animals. These are some of the ingredients that will make your stay in East Devon’s Blackdown Hills relaxing and enjoyable. There are great days out in the local area too. The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, Dartmoor and the Cathedral City of Exeter are all within easy reach.
What to Bring
Please note that you need to bring the following (and please pack in one bag, as luggage space is limited. No hard suitcases!):
• A pillow case and either a sleeping bag or two sheets. (Some forgot last year and had to pay a lot to hire them!!)
• A towel and personal washing items
• Clothes for sun or rain
• Walking shoes
• Sun cream
• Swimming clothes if you would like to swim in the sea
• Money for entrance to historic sites, extra snacks or meals out (You need to pay for our final lunch which will be in a riverside pub) and any shopping you want to do
Things to Remember
Please come prepared to help everybody else have a good trip:-
• Please respect the rules of the farm, be kind to the animals and not do anything that would damage the countryside.
• Please accept the sleeping accommodation allocated to you and be sensitive to the needs of others to rest.
• Please assist in the preparation of meals and clearing up after them.
• Please always get back to agreed meeting points on time.
• Please let the leaders know immediately if you have any concerns or worries.
As this trip is organised by Christians, there will be a few opportunities to join in devotions or discussions about life and faith if you are interested. However these are entirely voluntary and there will always be other activities you can be doing in the farm accommodation instead.
Time of Departure: Monday 23 June. Meet at Highfield Campus, at the Car Park at the corner of University Road and Burgess Road (next to Tripple-E Building) at 08.45am for departure at 9.00am
We will be back in Southampton on Friday evening 27 June.
Any questions: Phone Rod 07954688158