Friends International is a charity, and we work with the support of local churches and local Christians. If you’d like to support us, there are three main ways you can do so:
- get involved
Join us to pray. We meet a couple of times each term to pray, and there is also a prayer diary produced by Friends International. Please contact us for the date and location of the next prayer meeting, or for more information. We are having a Day of Prayer for Local International Student Ministry on Wednesday 3rd January 2018, please do drop in to pray between 11-3pm at Portswood Church, Portswood Road, SO17 2FL, please use the side door down the drive beside the building and ring the bell.
If you’d like to support us financially, you can do one of the following:
- donate online: make a one-off donation, or set up a regular gift by direct debit
- donate by cheque, made payable to Friends International. You can send this to: Friends International, The Rowan Centre, All Nations Christian College, Easneye, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 8LX, and including a Gift Aid Declaration if appropriate.
- set up a standing order, contact us for a form, or you can use the general one on the Friends International website
- donate by text: Simply text FISW99 followed by £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070 – so your text would read, for example: “FISW99 £2” and the number to send it to is 70070. You don’t pay anything for sending the text, and the cost of the donation will be added to your mobile phone bill. You can also gift aid your text donation – just follow the instructions in the acknowledgement text you receive in reply.
We are so thankful to everyone who supports Friends International financially.
There are numerous opportunities to be involved – could you give some of your time to help us?
– join one of our catering teams on a Wednesday evening, providing a meal before the iExplore and ID groups
– host an event for international students at your church
– offer a meal to one or two international students on our local link scheme
– lead or co-lead a small bible study group