All of our Staff and local volunteers are Christians and would be very happy to chat with you about what you believe and their own faith.
iExplore gives you an opportunity to explore the Bible and what Christians believe. iExplore will start again at the beginning of June 2021, after the exam season. iExplore is open to international students and scholars of any faith or none.
An Alpha group for students will be starting on Wednesday 14th April and will run each week from 12.30-2pm. Each session includes a short film about some aspect of the Christian faith, and then there’s time for a broad discussion where you can share what you think on the big questions of life with a small group of other students. See the Love Southampton Living website for more information. Alpha is open to international students and scholars of any faith or none.
Do you have questions about Christianity and the Bible? Would you like to know what Christians believe? Or are you a Christian who wants to grow in your understanding of the Bible? Bible studies and discussion groups run throughout the term, for both groups and individuals.
The Philip Project is a discipleship programme for Christian international students or scholars who want to understand the Bible better, relate it to their own culture and gain practical skills in teaching the Bible to others. Study Days are on 10 Saturdays throughout the year and this year Philip Project will start online using Zoom on Saturday 7 November 2020. More details are available on the Philip Project website. If you are interested in joining the course for this academic year please contact us.
Bible Discussion Groups for International Students in Southampton
There are a number of other Bible discussion groups running in Southampton for international students, please contact us for more information
- International Ladies Bible Study, Friday and Saturday mornings
- iConnect – Christ Church Southampton, Sunday afternoon, .1.15pm to 3.30pm
- Chinese Christian Fellowship, Fridays 7:30pm, Bible discussion groups in Cantonese and English.
- Mandarin Christian Fellowship, Fridays 8pm, Bible discussion groups in Mandarin
Students of any nationality or faith background are always welcome to visit a church, either for a Sunday service, or just to look round. Most churches display the service times on a noticeboard outside. Below you will find links for a few of the churches close to Southampton University and Solent University, and for some of the student religious groups. The Southampton University Christian Union website has a comprehensive list of local churches, as well as a map.
- Above Bar Church
- Calvary Chapel Southampton
- Central Baptist Church
- Christ Church Southampton
- City Life Church
- Highfield Church
- King’s Church
- Kings Community Church
- Life Church Southampton
- Lighthouse International Church
- Netley Christian Fellowship
- New Community Church
- Portswood Church
- Southampton Vineyard Church
- Swaythling Baptist Church
- Victory Gospel Church
International Churches & Fellowships
- Lighthouse International Christian Church, in English, Indian and Iranian languages, the Lighthouse, St Mary’s Street (023 8043 5455) 4pm Sundays
- Southampton Korean Church, in English & Korean, meets at 2pm on Sundays at Above Bar Church
- Southampton Chinese Christian Church, in English, Cantonese & Mandarin, meets at Portwood Church on Sunday 2 pm (02380 768194)
- Greek Orthodox Church, Bernard Street (023 8033 3076)
Student Groups at Southampton University
- African Caribbean Christian Fellowship (ACCF)
- Catholic Society (Cathsoc)
- Chinese Christian Fellowship (CCF)
- Christian Union (SUCU)
Student Groups at Solent University
Student Groups at University of Winchester
- WUCU – Christian Union
- WUCU run a weekly “Unite” evening every Thursday on campus and International students are welcome to join others for fun relaxed evening making new friends – see their facebook page for details
International students in Winchester are invited to come along to “Alpha” at Christchurch, Christchurch Road, Winchester, SO23 9SR, please check the church website for details of the next course. Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that explore the basics of the Christian faith. It includes a meal, a short film and discussion where you can share your thoughts.
Below you will links for a few of the churches close to the University of Winchester.
• Christ Church, Christchurch Road, SO23 9SR (01962-854454)
• North Winchester Community Church , SO22 6HG
• Hope Church Winchester, (formerly Winchester Family Church) Middle Brook Street , SO23 8DQ ( 01962-840800)
• Redeemer Church, Guildhall, Winchester SO23 9GH
• Winchester Baptist Church , Swan Lane, SO23 7AA ( 01962 868770)
• City Church, 30-31 Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RY ( 01962 623 167)
• Harvest Church (07867876296)
• United Church, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RZ (01962 849559)
• Winchester Vineyard , Vineyard Centre, Bar End Road, SO23 9NP (01962 863217)
• Winchester Cathedral